Girls Rugby League (U14 to Opens)
Come and play Women’s Rugby League for Como!
Playing on Sundays we have teams from the U14s to Opens. Join the movement in womens footy – with first class facilities and expert coaching staff you’ll be part of the the best club in the Shire.
The competition for Open Women’s tackle are played under the same International Laws of Rugby League as the JRL seniors (U15+).
The current age groups are 14s, 16s, 18s and Opens, with the 14s, 16s, and 18s competitions playing a 9-a-side structure.
Let’s continue the growth of Women in League.
Rule guidelines for U14s, U16s and U18s (Girls 9-A-Side)
- Maximum of 20 registered players
- Teams will consist of 20 players per game, with no more than nine players on the field at any one time. Unlimited interchange may take place during the course of the match.
- A minimum of seven (7) players are required to take the field for a team before the match will commence.
- 5 players only will form scrums (All scrums are to be DE-POWERED, as per the SafePlay Code) a) Scrums will only be formed in the event of a mutual infringement or double knock-on
- After any points have been scored play will restart with a kick-off to the scoring team at the centre of the half way line
- Match Duration: 2 x 20 minute Halves
- Periods of temporary suspension (sin bin) will be for five minutes duration. Any periods of temporary suspension expires at the end of the game
- The U14 Girls Competition, being 9-a-side for a younger age group, will be played on a field 100m long by 48m wide (the 10m line from the sideline of a standard International Rugby League field)