Girls Rugby League (U12 to Opens)
Come and play Women’s Rugby League for Como!
Playing on Sundays we have teams from the U14s to Opens. Join the movement in womens footy – with first class facilities and expert coaching staff you’ll be part of the the best club in the Shire.
The competition for Open Women’s tackle are played under the same International Laws of Rugby League as the JRL seniors (U15+).
The current age groups are 14s, 16s, 18s and Opens, with the 14s, 16s, and 18s competitions playing a 9-a-side structure.
Let’s continue the growth of Women in League.
Rule guidelines for U12s, U14s, U16s and U18s.
In Female Tackle Competitions in International age groups, where matches are played with a maximum of 11 players on the field, the following rules will apply:
- Maximum of twenty (20) registered players per team
- Teams can consist of a maximum of eighteen (18) players per game, with no more than eleven (11) players on the field at any one time
- Unlimited interchange will apply for all Female Tackle Competitions in International age groups
- A minimum of nine (9) players are required to take the field for a team before the match will commence
- Five (5) players only will form scrums (all scrums are to be DE-POWERED, as per the Safe Play Code), or in the case of a player dismissed from the field, a maximum of six (6) backs
- Match duration (U14-U18) – 2 x 25 minute halves
- All other rules apply as per the Laws of the Game.
All other Female Tackle Competitions that are played 13 a side (including Open Age) will be refereed as per the Laws
of the Game. Unlimited interchange will be permitted in these competitions.