Information provided by the NSWRL in relation to trainers for season 2018
- Each team can have two trainers
- The blue and yellow shirt can enter the field when there is a stoppage in play (after a try is scored or the ref signals time off)- not a penalty or scrum.
- The blue shirt can enter the field of play whenever there is an injury (unlimited access), to treat the injured player.
- The yellow shirt cannot enter the field of play to deliver water without their being a stoppage in play.
- The blue shirt cannot give direction and run messages when there is not a stoppage in play or an injury.
- If both teams do not have a blue shirt each, then a central blue shirt is required.